An event is good as it’s attendees. When we planned JDF17 last year, we were venturing into the unknown. One of our biggest focus areas was to ensure a professional learning experience for everyone.
Above attendee experience stats of #JDF17 attendees is a good indicator of what we achieved – we just had 10% of overall attendees who are either
- Junior Developers
We would like to maintain a similar ration this year as well – 10% of total seats will be reserved for students.
Why there is such a limit on students?
Here are some good reasons:
- We want JDF to be known for an event for top Salesforce technocrats and trailblazers. Yet, we want serious and focused students to experience this once in a lifetime opportunity.
- This keeps the quality of content, networking, and value for sponsors top notch.
- We’re sure, that all the students are focused on learning, and networking with best professionals on a rendezvous at JDF.
The 10% figure for students in JDF18, is actually an increase from last time, as we covered 0-1 years experienced folks JDF17 stats.
How could a student win #TicketToJDF?
The quick and short answer is your “Trailhead” scorecard!
We came across so many queries from Students that we want to be a part of this event, to maintain the decorum and professionalism of event, we are bound to not allow each and every student. After so many to and fro discussions with the committee, we decided to let’s use the Salesforce Trailhead as the basis to evaluate Student’s credibility about Salesforce.
But have you ever imagined that Trailhead can get you a free entry pass to JDF18! Yes for the first time among all the events, we are introducing a Trailhead Challenge which can help you out in Winning a free #TicketToJDF.
Please note that is for Students only.
JDF team will be allocating free tickets to top 25 Student Trailblazers, based on the Trailhead badges and points only. More details on this below.
What is Trailhead?
Trailhead is an interactive learning path through the basic building blocks of the Salesforce Platform. Test your knowledge of the platform while earning points and badges to celebrate your achievements. Trailhead is Salesforce defacto for training and gauging how good is a trailblazer.
Learn more : trailhead.salesforce.com
#TicketToJDF Participation Process
Every student aspiring for JDF free ticket has to follow the below process:
- Register here: Trailhead Tracker For Students
- Once registered, you will see the complete details of your trailhead profile like:
- How many badges earn so far
- Total points
- Count of super badges.
- Now start earning your badges and in the score section, you will see all the details of new badges that you earned after registration.
Note: Your chances to get event pass totally depends on how many badges and points you have earned after registration.
- This leaderboard will be updated in every 5-10 mins, with the latest details.
Disclaimer & Other Terms:
- Only 25 Tickets to JDF18 will be allocated thru this contest.
- Deadline to score badges and points is 20th of July 2018.
- In case of any conflicts, all final authority and decision regarding student ticket allocation will be limited to JDF Core Team.
Suggested Trails & Learnings
For Salesforce 1st timers, we suggest starting up with Trailmix called “Build Your Developer Career on Salesforce”.
You can also pick your areas of interests by going to https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/trails and filtering on the level, role products, and tags.
Celebrate your success with us!
Shout out loud on social media, to let WWW know you are becoming a better trailblazer every day. It will be easier for us to notice you, in case you tweet using all of these hashtags i.e. #JDF18 #TicketToJDF #JDF4Students
Note: Students with best and most tweets with above hashtags will be entitled to surprise prizes/swag/etc at the event.
Thank You Note!
A huge thanks to Durgesh Dhoot for creating and sharing an app to create Trailhead contests/leaderboards.